The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card gives business people faster and easier entry to countries of the Asia-Pacific region, which include

Australia Brunei Darussalam China
Chile Hong Kong (SAR China) Korea
Indonesia Japan Peru
the Russian Federation the Philippines Malaysia
Mexico New Zealand Papua New Guinea
Singapore Chinese Taipei Thailand

Canada and the United States of America are transitional members of the scheme. Transitional members do not offer reciprocal arrangements for entry to their economy. They only provide fast track immigration processing lanes.

Benefits of APEC card:

You can enter and stay in (for a period of up to 60 or 90 days, depending on the economy) without separately applying for a visa

You have access to fast-track entry and exit lanes at airports of participating countries

It has three years validity, or until your passport ends, whichever comes first.

If you are not an Australian citizen, you can apply to the agency responsible for APEC Business Travel Cards in your home country. Contact details are available on this website.

Are you Eligible to apply for an APEC card?

You can apply for an APEC card if:

How do I apply for an APEC card?

The application form has a checklist that lists the information and supporting documents you must provide with your application.

In particular, provide:

If you are an Australian citizen, and your business has been certified by an approved body, complete:

If you are not the chief executive officer, regional or country head, chief financial officer, or owner or director of the business, your application must also include a supporting nomination letter (20KB PDF) from one of those people.

You can lodge your form by post, courier or in person at the APEC Business Travel Card Unit in Brisbane office?.

The application cost is currently $200 and must be paid when you lodge your application. This fee is not refunded if your application is unsuccessful.

More information

There is more information to help you prepare your application?, which gives advice about certifying and translating documents into English, using a migration agent, authorising another person to receive information, and receiving assistance with your application.